Monday, May 24, 2010

Adoption Update

Yep, I got busted. My mom busted me. She wanted to know why I have not been updating our blog. She told me she checks it frequently for updates and I have been leaving her with nothing. So, Mom, we have been working every single day getting things checked off. Whether it is paperwork, paperwork, and yet more paperwork, getting documents notarized, find an oops, redo said paperwork and go back to get re-notarized, reading the required books needed for our homestudy, getting Alyona's room ready for her, gathering donations for her orphanage... we are making progress. My mistake was working on RR paperwork when ALL of my attention should have been focused on completing the paperwork for the homestudy first (lesson learned). I start out organized (good intentions) I have my binder with my dividers, everything in its place and wammo... a paperwork hurricane. Paperwork is something that I do not do well with. As hard as I try I am just not that organized. I never understood how anyone could go through this never-ending paperwork process multiple times for multiple adoptions, but I can see that after the first time and the learning curve the second time would be so much easier. Plus who could resist bringing another adorable little face to be added to your family (yes, I still look at RR website to see who could be Alyona's little sister)?
Things to do:
1. Finish homestudy - we are waiting for our appointment with our social worker, she's booked solid for weeks :-(
2. Approval from USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) and our final fingerprinting appointment.
3. Wait for SDA (State Department for Adoptions) appointment in Alyona's country which will allow us to visit her! I can't wait to hold her and see her precious little face.
4. Fundraising... lots and lots of fundraising!

No comments: