Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Huge Success

We had our yard sale today and we brought in $525! Now that is what I call a huge success. My hubby made great signs to lead the masses to our door. They were big, and red, and real attention getters... thanks honey! Also, a big thanks to my mom and my friend Sally for helping out. It would not have been nearly as successful without them. Sally had a yard sale two weeks ago to raise funds for her mission trip to Kenya (she is leaving in 12 days) and she donated her leftover yard sale items. I never knew it but my mom is a total yard sale pro. She was working it and showing us how it was done. We put up a poster with RR info and Alyona's photo. My mom was talking to everybody, telling them all about RR, letting them know that these beautiful children will be transferred to an institution, and that we were raising money to bring her grandbaby home!

No comments: