Friday, August 6, 2010

Apostilles are Done!

Yay, we have all of the apostilles completed and in our possession! I was able to drive to Los Angeles today and get the remaining documents apostilled. Better yet, when I arrived home, I checked the mail and the remaining documents I sent to the Secretary of State in Sacramento were there, all with that beautiful gold seal. I believe that I have all of our documents for the dossier apostilled, but I am going to have to wait for fresh brain cells to go over everything one last time.

The officer from USCIS also left a message today saying Kira's appointment has been set up for September 1, and a form had been sent out on Tuesday. She said she sent out a form today as well--a back up I suppose. She also mentioned it would be okay to go in early for our fingerprint appointment. I'm praying we will receive Kira's appointment in the mail on Saturday and we will be able to go for our final fingerprints on Monday. This is so exciting, I can't believe we are so close!

1 comment:

Kristin Ferguson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I can't wait to see pictures of Alyona when she joins your family! She looks like she's going to be so much FUN!!!

Congratulations on moving one step closer to travelling. Hope it happens soon!
Kristin