Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 16

Yesterday, I found myself in a bit of a funk. I was missing my girls, my dog, my home.

This morning, when we arrived at the baby home, the children were getting their cold weather gear on. I did not want to disrupt their routine. This place is their home and I want to be respectful, not only to the children, but also to the caretakers who look after them. Alyona's caretaker let us know that we could take her outside or we could stay inside, it was up to us. She was now giving me permission to make decisions regarding Alyona saying, "it is ok, because she is your daughter." Just hearing those words, "your daughter", reminded me of why we are here. We are not mere visitors anymore and soon enough, all three of us will be home again.

It also brought to mind, the children that we have seen here in her groupa and grown fond of, that will be left behind. These children are truly amazing, deserving of a family. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it will be to leave them behind. If I were able, I would gladly take them home with me.

Earlier in the day, we had already discussed going outside with Alyona. We had such a great time with her and the other children. At one point they wanted to watch the cars pass by. Just looking at them peering through the gate made me start to wonder. What is it going to be like when we take Aly from the only place she has known. Just as this trip has been a challenge for me, I am fully aware of the transition that awaits Alyona. Everything will be new for her. New sights, new smells, new tastes, new family. Will she be scared, will she miss her baby home family?





"Can we go yet?" Not yet baby girl.




I just love watching Alyona do those toddler things, like lug a branch around.




Alyona was so cute, the kids would be off exploring and Aly wanted up in her daddy's arms!




I also wonder, will Aly be expecting a makeover after nap everyday?


2 comments:

The Mac's House said...

She's so darn cute.

The picture of all of them at the gate just breaks my heart.

I am praying for you guys. I know that it will be difficult to walk away after spending this wonderful time around all the kids and leave them behind.

:) Teri

PS: I think it is a YES on the makeover at naps! LOL

Nan and Dan said...

soon you will be running out that gate!!! can not wait to see those pics :) makeover every morning and after nap :)
Hugs!!