Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 24: Brrr!!!

We are so close, we are finally able to see the end in sight. Only one more day of visits! I can't believe that our paper chase begins on Tuesday (12/21)! We are praying that we will be able to get everything accomplished in one day (our facilitator thinks it's possible) and head back to the capital the same day.

Today, our taxi driver decided to drop us off (kick us out) across the street. Gee, thanks! I am really wishing I had bought boots before our trip. One step and my Dansko's were filled with snow.




When we arrived, all of the children were heading outside. They saw a worker shoveling snow and wanted to try it. Guess who thought it was the greatest fun. Any chance I could get her a shovel and pile of snow for Christmas?




All of the other children went for a walk. Alyona wanted to go four-wheeling. She would get just out of arms reach and crash. She loved it, as she kept doing it over, and over, and over again.




Somebody found a cute little Santa hat lying around. She is so cute, I can't stand it!




On our way to our taxi, I befriended this cute cat. I gave him some lovin' and we became best friends. He followed me like a little puppy. Poor cold kitty.




Alyona could own her own demolition team. She will personally make sure no block (hers or others) are left standing.




I was thrilled to be able to watch our church service online this evening. Kelsey, I saw you singing in the choir!!!

Several RR families are stuck in Germany, unable to make it here, due to the huge storm that rolled in. Two families are to have their paper chase on Tuesday as well (different regions). Please pray that they will be able find a way to get here, so that they two can finish up and not delay their adoption any longer than necessary.

No comments: